Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SHTML PHP and SSI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2002
US
I have a .shtml file that includes some php code. It is running on an Apache server 2.0 with PHP 4.2.2 running. The include seems to work in this file but the PHP code is not being read correctly. If i change the file to a .PHP the include no longer works but the PHP code comes out correctly. Does any one know what I have configured wrong?

This .shtml file scenario is working on another server that is running apache 1.3 and PHP 4.2.2.

Thanks in advance...

I am working from pages that have already been written. I'm not sure I could rewrite them myself. Thats why I'd like to get them working as is, unless it is simple enough to use Only PHP and still have the Server Side include working.

Thanks,

JIm

Typically a single file can only go through one interpreter before being transmitted. Apache 2 allows it to be processed twice, but what the rules for that are, I don't know.

Is it possible to change the new PHP code into SSI tags (if you can't change the old SSI page, then change the new stuff)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back