Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shrinking Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielLee

Technical User
Jan 26, 2002
MX
Hi,
My monitor is acting very strange. It started with the screen kind of unrolling the last couple of inches at start up, then after it warmed up it would return to normal.

That situation worsened over time so I switched from my on board video to a video card which didn’t change things with the exception that I some how picked up a general protection fault in module GLINT.DRV whenever I right clicked a file so I am now using the Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA) and it sucks!

I have updated my driver on both the video card and the monitor, removed and replaced the hardware and tried all the adjustments on my monitor with no results.

It has worsened to the point where I now have lost the bottom two inches of the monitor, its just black; even the mouse will not go into that area.

My System

Monitor - KDS Visual Sensations - VS-19sn
Video Adapter - STB GLyder MAX-2/2+
Main Board - P4VMM2
OS - Windows 98SE

Any assistance appreciated, thank you in advance

Sincerely,

Daniel
"Five minutes at a time"

I strongly suspect your monitor is dying. Try to borrow another one from somewhere to test the theory, any model will do. All things are possible except skiing through a revolving door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back