Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

showModalDialog problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nith1783

Programmer
Aug 24, 2007
IN
I have a jsp page [parent window] ,which on click of a button ,opens a new popup window using showModalDialog.I am able to do some functions within the modalDialog box and when i submit the modalDialog box it must return to the parent window.

But here is my problem.when i submit the modalDialog box the backend forwards the control to the parent window and hence it is opening two parent windows.1st one is the jsp page i had previously and the 2nd one is a new window created due to the transfer made by the backend.

How can i make the control transfer back to my previous parent window without opening the new window.

Thanks in Adv.

Hi

Please show something. Preferably the generated HTML as it appears in the browser's View Source. Also show the JavaScript. And please cut off the decoration as possible.

Feherke.

In Parent Window,I have a lister page on click of each row i will be passing unique id to the function shown below.This function will open a dialogbox which has 2 buttons ok and cancel.

function submitRow()
{
window.showModalDialog ("url"," ","dialogHeight:450px;
dialogWidth:500px")
}

In child Window by click of the ok button , this function is called.

function submitForm(eventValue,index,indexValue)
{
document.editProfile.submit();
window.close();
return true;
}

When click ok i have written some back end which is forwarding to parent window but the problem is when click ok its opening a new parent window .so i have two parent windows .so how do i prevent the application to open a new parent window but refresh the older parent window on click ok button in the child window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back