Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

showModalDialog and future IE browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdProgrammer

Programmer
Oct 2, 2004
US
Note - I'd ask this on Microsoft's Technet Forums since it's more browser specific, but the firewall at work blocks Microsoft's live.com as a web-email service, so I can't log in... ("Security Wars"!!!)

Anyway, Google Chrome recently disabled support for showModalDialog (version 37), and I've read that Firefox has deprecated it, thus it'll go away soon. Does anyone know if Microsoft plans on deprecating this and/or removing it in a future version? Quite a few areas of an application I work on use the modal window to post back values, or to display a popup for a printout of values on that form that then updates the database.

I also tested printing out jquery popups, and it prints out the grayed out form behind it, which I don't want. I did find one piece of code that only prints out the modal window, but it only works with Firefox, iffy in Chrome (you have to click the form after clicking print, and even then, the form window moves with the mouse cursor), and doesn't work in IE.

Hopefully I won't have to rework application navigation and such. Fortunately, I just started a re-write. Unfortunately, the programming department is very, very small (hi). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back