Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing Special Categories - Rollups and non Rollups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolldice

Programmer
Aug 5, 2002
AU
Hello all,

I have a organisation structure that has an inconsistence Rollup of sales figures between the various levels in the organisations hierarchy. To accommodate this I have used special categories. I have allowed some special categories to rollup up to their parents and others not to. I choose this method over externally rollup up numbers due to the amount of records and time that would to do this.

In the front end I am now seeing the correct numbers at the intended levels. However to fully meet my client’s requirements I have to show both child values at the various level (Those that have roll up properties and those that don’t) as one drills down the organisation hierarchy. At the moment the only categories that show are those that add to the summary of the parent level in the organisation hierarchy. I have set to properties in the both Special Categories to always include and can drag and drop the non roll up categories across to the report to see their values (However this doesn’t go down well and is not deemed to meet the initial requirement).

Does anyone have some clues on how I can achieve this?

Thanking you in advance.

----------------------------------------
Another throw closer to a win ... ???

And the answer is..

External Rollups! Well that was fun building my model again. Having to make loads of concatenated fields for the unique catagories.. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy.

Nevermind all done now.

Another throw closer to a win ... ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back