Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing Only Null Values 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg09

Technical User
Jan 30, 2009
US
Hi,

In my crystal report, I am trying to display only those records that do not have a charge number associated. I have tried the following formula and I do receive any records:

ISNULL({phcharg.charge_no}}

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Meg

Sorry, I meant to say that I do not receive any records.

Is that in your records selection formula? If so, what is the drop down box for null settings say? Default value or Exceptions for Null?

If it is set to Exception for Null and you still aren't receiving any records with that formula, remove the formula from the record selection and place the field in your detail section and see if it is returning a value.

Yes, the formula was in the records selection formula and the drop down states exceptions for nulls. I tried your suggestion of putting the field in the detail section and it did not work. I only received records that had a charge number (were not null). Any other ideas?

You need to describe your table joins. The null will only show up if you have a left join FROM some table TO the phcharge table, with no selection criteria applied to the phcharge table (except for the isnull()).

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back