Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing latest test on an item

Status
Not open for further replies.

djieon

Technical User
Aug 19, 2008
GB
Hi all,

I have data as follows:-

Item Unique ID ReTest Due Date
10 12/01/2006
10 23/02/2010
10 29/04/2012
10 15/08/2018

I also have a parameter field that is a date which I call {?test up to date} and a formula in the record selection that says {?test up to date} >= {@retest due date}

I am struggling because if I enter the parameter 2013/12/31 it is bringing back the latest record as being the re-test in line 3 on my example and therefore appearing to be overdue, even though there is a test after that.

So my question:- Is there a way to show the latest record whilst showing me all records up to a parameter date?

Hope this makes sense, thanks for your help in advance.

David.

YOu can not use your paramter to filter dates otherwise 15/08/2018 will be excluded.

Do not filter on dates, use parameter to highlight records

In Section expert for details select color tab

In formula box do something like

If {@retest due date} < {?test up to date} then red
else
If {@retest due date} > {?test up to date} then green

Not totally sure what youe formula {@retest due date} is doing so this may not be appropriate, especially for those where retest was carried out and is therefore no longer due

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back