Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing image in reports from Attachment field in another table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennelbloke

Technical User
May 22, 2015
AU
Hi folks

Couldn't find anything about this in the search so... Using Access 2013 and have a few reports setup.

I have a system setup table which a bunch of options which the user can change based on their needs. One of those fields is an attachment field for their logo.

What I having trouble trying to work out is how load that logo field (image) into the picture properties of a report. Unfortunately the property doesn't support dlookup no matter which Picture Type I use.

Anyone played with this and come up with a solution. (I got sick of trawling the net for one).

Cheers

Yeah I thought of that Duane, but I want to use the image as a watermark on several reports and the logo on others. Seems strange that MS have not come up with or published a way to programically (if there is such a word) get the saved image.

Thanks for the response tho.

Cheers

You may have solved this already, but if your picture/image is in a table as a blob or ole or what ever we want to call it, then stream it to a file, and tell your image object to point to that file.

The VBA to do this can be found here
Hope this helps.

There Are 10 Types Of People In The world:
Those That Understand BINARY And Those That DonÆt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back