Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing/Hiding Webparts when filtering

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeguard

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2007
US
Ok so i have two lists on a webpart page

One list (the upper) is a list of projects.

the second list (lower) is a list of tasks for each project.

I have list one with the projects filtering list 2 (tasks) with the project ID.

I want make it so no tasks will show up unless the user uses the option button (filter button) next to the project on the upper list.

right now all the task show up when you go to the site and it makes users confused, does anyone have a work around for this? maybe make the page automatically filter for say project ID of Zero (doesnt exist) and make the list show nothing?

Thanks.

ok so how about this, code to redirect the page if the url if the url is equal to a certain string?

Did you get an answer to this ?
I have a similar problem

Thanks
David

i never got it completely solved, i did convert the XSLT data view and that allows you to do conditional formatting with a XPath expression. I did get it to not show up data in the list when the page first loads(based on the url) but for some reason when i try it with a url that is filting a list it doesnt work. I am not sure but i think the XPath PageUrl function cuts off the url at a certain length but i havent figured this out yet.

Let me know what you come up with as a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back