Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing current record in a continous form

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev747

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
AU
I was wondering if someone could answer this simple question for me.

I have a fairly basic form that is displayed in a continous format. Each field is disabled pending data being entered into the previous field.
When you enter data into the first field, the second field becomes enabled on the current record, but also on the next record visible on the screen.

Is there anyway I can prevent the new record appearing below the current one after data is entered into the first field of the current form?

Thanks

Kev

This is a politically correct signature, due to constant whinging about my previous signature.
Long live the fun police.

How are kev747 . . . . .

If you have Access 2K or higher, have a look at [blue]Conditional Formatting[/blue].

Now . . . . I think your doing alot of unnecessary programming here, besides [blue]hiding the beauty of your work[/blue] with the disabled look (just my opinion).

Most programmers will allow users access to the entire record (save those specials) and [blue]perform a full validation in the BeforeUpdate event of the form.[/blue] If validation passes the record is saved, if it fails saving can be rolled back using the [blue]Cancel[/blue] property and focus set as necessary.

[purple]But . . . if you must . . . . its your call . . .[/purple]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Hey TheAceMan1,
Thanks for the answers.
I should have specified that I'm using Access '97.

I know what you mean about hiding your work. It's no something I usually do, but it is a request from the database owner.

I like the idea of the full validation on the [blue]BeforeUpdate[/blue] event of the form. That's something I hadn't thought of before.

Once again, thanks for the advice.

See ya.

Kev.

This is a politically correct signature, due to constant whinging about my previous signature.
Long live the fun police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back