Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing an average value on a chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny100

Technical User
Feb 6, 2001
NZ
Hi Folks

I'm using the following data in my chart:

Place Value
Site1 10
Site2 15
Site3 16
... ..

Each 'Value' is a formula field and is simply a total of all values for that 'Place' e.g. for Site1 there are 3 values - 4 + 5 + 1 = 10.

The chart shows a 'Value' for each change of 'Place'. However I'd also like to include either a line running the whole width of the chart to show the average of all 'Value's or a separate 'Place' entry (called 'Average') showing the average.

Is this possible? Can I use a formula to do this or some other method? There doesn't seem to be a way to add an average value to a chart.

Cheers!

Add the averages to your report. It should then let you chart it.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Which type of chart are you using?
Do you want your average to be the average of the value within each place or the average of all places eg a flat line?

You can have a chart show two different series of data eg sum of and average of place values. Have a look at the options provided if you untick the "automatically set chart options" in the chart expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back