Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Showing 3511 Unable to begin database backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmarcos

MIS
Jan 8, 2001
CA
Hi everybody,

First time logging on to this newsgroup. I need help. We have version 6.61 ARCSERVEIT on WINDOWS NT SERVER.
This error message just popped up late last week. I've never seen this error message before. When it happened the 2nd day, I checked out the specific error message and here's the solution.
"Make sure the Database Engine is running. This message may have been preceded by an error message from the Database Engine."

I tried stopping/starting the database engine on Friday and then checked the backup log on Monday, error message was there for Saturday. I'm pretty sure that it would be back on tomorrow's backup as well.

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks....

Marvin

I've not seen this error before - but I would suggest booting ARCServe and Server -
in this order...
Shutdown Server
Shutdown ARCServe
Restart ARCServe
Restart Server

And you should see the SCSI devices being picked up and restarting...

Hope this helps...

Check our backup log this morning and the E3511 error is not there anymore. Not sure if it went away by itself?

I will keep this suggestion for future reference.
Thanks Muck.

Marvin

i suggest you select (my computer) the whole server in your backup job. this will (by default) automatically include your arcserve database(check in backup options-operation).

if you don't want your whole server to be backed up and would still want to backup your arc database, then create a small backup job that would include your arc database.

khewl_one@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back