Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show top 10 in cube

Status
Not open for further replies.

borg2002

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
US
Hi All,

I created a cube that contains 4 dimensions and 1 measure. The dimensions are Region, country, plant and website. The measure is the amount of bytes used.
The thing I want to do is show the top 10 most visited(so the ones with the most bytes) sites per region, country, plant. I managed to create a named set in analysis services, but I can't seem to use it anywhere???
Does anyone have an idea on how I can manage to produce my overview?
The websites dimension counts 49000 members. This is causing all my misery, if not I could have created a simple PivotTable.

Many, many thanks in advance for any help.

Regards
Borg

A query like the following should give you what your looking for. One question I have is why are Region and Country seperate Dimensions. If Region is a geographical element wouldn't it make more sens to have a Geographical dimension with a Hierarchy like
Country
Region

With
member [Measures].[Top 10 Region] AS 'TopCount([Region].Members, 10, [Measure].[Measure Name])'
Select
{[Measures].[Top 10 Region]} On Columns,
{[Region].Members} On Rows
From [Your Cube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back