Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

show the records related from a details table

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirpelon

Programmer
Sep 13, 2001
MX
hi
I need your help, i'm lost with this, i have four tables:

curriculums
sizes_curriculums
values
sizes

Basically they have the data from the sizes of one for the curriculum or resume, i'm making a report that shows this data in this way:

PERSONAL DATA
Name
Address
Phone
Etc.

SIZES (4 types of sizes)
stature
shoe size
shirt size
weight

the tables are related in this way

curriculums sizes_curriculums values sizes

valu_no_value <- no_value
valu_no_size <- size_no_size <- no_size
no_curriculum -> curr_no_curriculum
pers_no_person -> curr_no_person

My problem is that when i want to show the sizes, crystal show's me four times each size if i put the fields on the details section, and if i put the fields on the page header with the personal data fields it show's me only the first size

How can i accomplish this?

I think maybe making a subreport for the sizes and put it on page header section, but i think there's got to be another simple way

Try hiding duplicates by clicking on the field property & selct "suppress duplicates" option

Hope it helps,
Ann

Hi Ann, thanks for the reply

i figured out how to do this

i create a group section (G1) by person, then i insert a section below (G1b) and put a linked subreport on it, so now, only the records related to the person are displayed and if i need to display other records from other child table i put another section (G1c) and so on...

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back