Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show remote desktop in host desktop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljCharlie

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2003
US
Is there a way to show a remote's desktop in a host's desktop? Here's what I want to do. I want to connect to say, 15 PCs, and do a presentation in my computer screen that will also show up in the hosts' PCs. I want to broadcast what I'm doing in my computer to all the hosts computers. I like to know if pcAnywhere is capable of doing this. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated!

ljCharlie

Netmeeting comes free with Windows and does desktop sharing. Whether or not it will support 15 users depends a lot on the condition of your LAN, I would guess.

Many thanks for the response. However, I did find a work around for the pcAnywhere now.

Again, I'm greatly appreciated for your effort.

ljCharlie

You might want to take a look at VNC
The link above is actually to a variant of the main VNC program, has a few more features. I have done what you are describing with VNC, worked quite well. Good value at twice the price. Did I mention it's free? (Although I would encourage a contribution if it serves you well.)

Hi, you should try Netviewer one2many. It is an absolute cool product and it is so easy to use. I love that product. They have a one time licence fee,which seems to be expensive if you compare it to other products, but if you use it a lot, it is absolutely worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back