Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show related record in portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrenfree

Programmer
Apr 14, 2006
US
I have two tables, a relationship and a layout....... and an impression of the keyboard in my forehead.

Table1: ganderProducts
Field: sGanderProduct (text values like "V/V", "SI" and "Other Products")

Table2: clientIntake
Field: sProdDiscussed (return delimited list of values from 'sGanderProduct')
Field: sOtherProducts (freeform text)
Field: calcShowOtherProds == Case(PatternCount( ganderProducts::sGanderProduct; "Other") > 0 ; sOtherProducts ; "")

Relationship: From clientIntake to ganderProducts
sProdDiscussed = sGanderProduct

Layout: ReportByProduct
Showing records from 'ganderProducts'
LeadingSubSummary: sGanderProduct when sorted by sGanderProduct

Portal: ::calcShowOtherProds inside

What I WANT To Happen: When the Layout 'ReportByProduct' is shown in Preview mode, the field '::calcShowOtherProds' is empty. When the user flips to the page where 'sGanderProduct' is "Other Products" I want the field '::calcShowOtherProds' to show the value for the field 'sOtherProducts' for each row in the Portal.

I have tried multiple permutations of putting the calculated field in the clientIntake table and in the ganderProducts table. I can get it to work.... kind of. If I can get the field to show, the values shown are all the same.

Can someone help me?

I am running FM 8.5 Advanced on a Mac running 10.4.9.

Thank you for your help,

Nancy

Let me put it a simpler way.

I have a related field within a portal on a report page that I only want to show if the "sort by" field in the Leading Sub-Summary has a certain value.

I have found that looking at things from different angles sometimes produces different solutions. Unfortunately, this different angle didn't bring a correct solution to my mind.

How about yours?

Thank you for your help,
Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back