Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

show prices that have a 4th digit after the decimal greater than 0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwg23

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
US
Hello,
I am being asked to write a query that shows all unit prices where the 4th digit is greater than 0.
for example a price of $29.4032 would show in the results because the 4th digit after the decimal is a 2. a price of $29.4030 would not show in the results.
I have no idea of where to start with this, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Dwg23

Do you really mean anything to the right of the 4th digit like $29.40302?

You could multiply by 1,000 and compare with the INT of the value multiplied by 1,000.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

No, I need to show any price that has 4th digit value greater than 0, so if the 4th digit is 1 or greater I need to show it. If i did the anything to the right of the 3rd digit greater than 0 would not work because if the number was $29.40302 it would show in the results and I would not want that. how would I compare the INT?

Excellent! that seems to have done it!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back