Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show Import Options greyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeforum

Technical User
Nov 11, 2005
AR
I check "Show Import Options" box in the "Place" dialog box, but popup windows options are greyed.
I need to place pictures with clipping path automatically but does not work. I must use "objet" and "clipping path" in menu and it´s too slow method.

Any idea? Thanks.

Are you importing photoshop docs with a clipping path? If so, save them as a .psd file (not TIFF or Jpeg etc) and it should work okay.

Thanks tangeriwoman but as a rule, this method work with any type of picture with clipping path, (psd, tiff, eps)

I can't place picture with clipping path directly in any format, psd incluyed of course.

I try eps picture format and pop up windows it's not greyed but when I place the picture don't work the automatic clipping path from photoshop.

I have two computers, with CS and CS2 and don´t work in two cases. I don´t know what to do...

Generall, when it's greyed out it means that you are either importing a pic format that does not support clipping paths or the pic was saved with no clipping path.

Is the color portion of the import options window active? If so that would be another indication that there's no path.

If you save as a tiff with a clipping path, you should not need any option.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Yes, jmgalvin, color portion of the import options window it's active. I make tiff with clipping path and work fine in others desktop program. And work fine too in Indesing but a need to go to menu > objet > clipping paths, and then select clipping path from photoshop...

With alpha channels, I don't have problems, I can select in import options window if I check "Show Import Options" box and at this way it's not greyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back