Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show hide layer behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckerdo

IS-IT--Management
Mar 1, 2001
US
Hi

I have a page where I want to display different test messages in the same spot. Different messages should appear when I click on seperate links.

Yesterday I learned from TulsaJeff (thanks!) about layers and proceded to create two layers that contain the information I want to display.

I am having trouble figuring out how to display a set layer.

Right now I only have two messages to display so what I have done is to create two null links (I used "javascript;:"). I selected these links and opened the behavior window. Here I selected "show hide layers" and selected mouseover as the trigger.

In the "Show Hide Layer" box that appears I see two Layers corresponding to the two named layers I created here named AnnMark (for Announcement Mark) and AnnJeannie. I selected "show" for the AnnMark layer and "hide" for AnnJeanie.

I did the reverse for the other null link.

Even when I do all of this nothing happens when I open my browser (IE 5).

Both of my named layers are set to hidden. If I change the layers to default then both layers appear over each other oin the browser.

Any Suggestions

Thanks,

Doug

Here is a tutorial I found for the hide/show layer behavior...

this should get you where you want to go. In the illustration they used a photo for the mouseover link but you can just as easily use text.

Let me know if you need more help. Ya' Gotta Love It!
sleepyangelsBW.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back