Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show Gridlines by Default 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

boricua3205

Technical User
May 10, 2001
US
I am using Word XP and whenever I create a new Label document the document comes up without showing the table gridlines. I have to manually select Show Gridlines from the Table menu. Is there any way that I can configure Word to show the Table Gridlines by default instead of vice versa?

I appreciate the suggestion, the problem is that on my other machines the new document does come up showing the gridlines by default. My user does not want to have to select to Show Gridlines everytime he creates a new label document. Why does it show by default in all other computers except this one?? That is what I am trying to figure out....

Boricua...

If you open Word, go to Table and select to Show Gridlines, then immediately go to File > Exit

If this does not save that setting try this:

Do a search for NORMAL.DOT when you find it or them, delete them. Restart Word. Check the Table menu to see if HIDE GRIDLINES is the option if it is... you are set. If SHOW GRIDLINES is the option, change it by selecting it, then go to File > Exit.

It should set it for future use, if you are prompted to save changes to global template at this point, tell it yes. Worst case, you locate the normal.dot and delete it again, let word recreate a new one.

Hope this helps..
Laurie

LadyCK3

Thanks a lot, that did it. I can't believe it was that simple!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back