Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show Details Horizontally 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2004
US
Is it possible to show details horizontally? I have one field in my details section and would like them to show horizontally.

Thanks

Is it possible to add the values to an array and and create fields that would show the array values horizontally? If so what would the syntax be?

You can create a multiple column report (right click the details and select format with multiple columns and a new tab will show up above called layout).

This is just a wild guess as you've posted very little information, not even your software version, which should be included with any post in any forum.

As a favor to those assisting you, take the time to accurately describe your environment, the database, exampel data, and the expected output.

If you want to concatenate a string, then create a formula in the details to do so:

whileprintingrecords;
stringvar MyString;
MyString:=MyString & {table.field} & " "

Then display the results in the following section.

If there are groups involved you'll need to reset the variable in the group footer and display in the group footer.

-k

Yes, it can be done with an arry, depending upon your software version...

The above should work though.

-k

Sorry,
Version XI, ODBC to sybase database.

G1 --- Student Name
Description MP Teacher Name
G2 --- {Couse Description} {TeacherName}
D --- {MarkingPeriod}{MarkingPeriod}{MarkingPeriod}
G2 --- Suppressed
G1 --- Suppressed

Did you try either of the solutions that I posted? Either should work for your needs.

Group header: (suppress this)
whileprintingrecords;
stringvar MyString:="";

Details formula (suppress this)
whileprintingrecords;
stringvar MyString;
MyString:=MyString & {table.field} & " "

Group Footer: (display at this level)
whileprintingrecords;
stringvar MyString:="";

You wouldn't display the details all at once at the detail level because the AREN'T all at each detail level, and doign so at the last detail row per group is more difficult to code than what I used here.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back