Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

show all details if selected in formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

workin4alivin

Programmer
May 6, 2003
AR
I have a formula @date that states if {entry.date} in date(year(currentdate)-1, 01, 01) to date (CurrentDateTime) then "YES" and then the selection criteria looks for @date = "YES". Now on details I have dollar transactions for that client and transaction date. The problem is that it is only showing the transactions in the @date formula. I want it to show all transactions no matter what the date if they are selected.
for example...
client A sent 3 payments. One in 1999, one in 2000 and one in 2001. Since he has a payment in 2001, I want to see all three of the payments, not just the one from 2001.

What's in the selection criteria?

Looking for Yes is very odd...

If you want all years where there was a payment for a given year, then you might use a subreport to pull all payments for all years, after the main report determines that there was a payment for the year of interest.

Group by the client I assume, and join via client to the subreport, then display your data in the subreport with the criteria that client = main.client and there was a payment.

If you need specifics, please post specifics about your tables, database and expected output.

-k

Users need to export data on all clients and all accounts into a single excel spreadsheet. They are not tech savy folks. Hate PC's. Want to bring back the good 'ol days. If it's not automated or prompted in explicit english, they won't even try, so this may not be accomplishable.
I have a list of clients. I group by clients, then by acct number. In the details I have the client name, acct number and formulas for each month showing the total payments made in that month regardless of year (if they paid $10 feb 99 and $10 feb 01 and $56 feb 02 the total should be $76 in feb) so the report would look like this...

Client Acct# Jan Feb Mar Apr May June
John Doe XXX1111 34 76 52 0 0 12

What I am trying to accomplish is to say, if a client has sent in any money since one year prior to todays date, then I want them to be in the list, and I want to see all payments they have made on their acct regardless of the year. Currently in the example above, I am only getting the $56 to show since that is the only payment made one year prior to today. That is why I tried the formula saying if a client made a payment in that time frame he is a yes, else he is a no and they tried doing the selection criteria saying show all clients with a "yes" without limiting the payments, but it didn't work. I guess I am just at a loss trying to make it do what I don't see doable without a subreport. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

create the @date formula like this:

if {entry.date} in date(year(currentdate)-1, 01, 01) to CurrentDate then 1 else 0

then use the group selection formula:

sum({@date}, client) <> 0

.. to eliminate clients that have not paid anything.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back