Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show all dates between Start and end Dates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gillf

Technical User
Aug 14, 2002
GB
CR9 (off SQL via ODBC): In my database I have a Start and End date. Can I can get the report to show all the individual dates in that range, even if the 'between' dates are not stored in the database? For example, with a Start date of 1st Jan 2005 and End date of 5th Jan 2005, I want to display 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

From what you are saying each record has 3 date fields, one showing current date and the other showing static start and end dates?

You can create either a Date Range Parameter or two date parameters for start and end.

These are then used in you select statement to filter dates required, the data is then sorted by the currentdate field.

Ian Waterman
UK Crystal Reports Consultant

Not quite the problem - I have two dates in my data: Start Date and End Date for work on a Contract.
I want the report to return a record for every date between them - I suppose I am asking Crystal to CREATE a range of sequential dates between any two given start and end dates. I hope this is clearer?

Thanks very much, campsys. That should keep me quiet for a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back