Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Show a web page with new values from database upon click of a button in the same page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh Karunakaran

Programmer
Sep 29, 2016
MU
Dear Team!

This may appear very basic. But, I am not an expert in ASP.NET.

I have a webpage with a Date Selection box, a Button & few labels. After selecting a date, when the button is clicked, I want to refresh the labels with new values from database table corresponding to the selected date.

I can manage to read values from the database and update labels on the 'PageLoad'. But, as my button is on the same page, how do I update the label contents when I actually have to reload the page to refresh it?

I searched net and found some guidelines, but all are discussing about 'refreshing' the page. I don't get how do I refresh the same page upon clicking a button inside it. I don't mind a full refresh and for time being I am not particular about doing a 'partial refresh', 'Ajax' etc etc!

I am using VS 2015, SQL Server 2008, C#, ADO.NET for data access.

Can anyone help me with a simple and straight method?

Thank you in advance
Rajesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back