Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Should I hit F5 button to refresh always

Status
Not open for further replies.

bnath001

Programmer
Aug 18, 2000
US
I am using CR 8.0. When I develop a report it is storing the data along with the report. If some one has entered data it doesn't show up on the report unless the user of the report hits F5 (refresh) button. And if the user hits F5 button it asks for userID and Pwd. Once it is displays the data someone has to save the report.

Is this how CR reports work. When ever the user views a report does he have to hit F5 to see the latest data and supply userID and pwd . And eventually save the report before he closes it. Am I doing something wrong or is this how it works?

thank your

"When ever the user views a report does he have to hit F5 to see the latest data and supply userID and pwd"

Using the WCS, yes.
Using the RDC and ASp no. Steven Fowler, Principal
steve.fowler@fowlerconsulting.com
- Development, Training, and Consulting
wpe1.gif

make sure that you don't save data with the report. That will prevent the old data from showing up. Unles you are changing the settings of the report you don't have to save it each time. Use parameters and you won't have to change the settings, just answer the prompts. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back