Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SHORTFILEEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryp

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
GB
Hi

We are running SAS for Windows on several boxes
Recently, one PC always creates SAS datasets with the SHORT ext SD7 instead of SAS7BDAT

I cannot see why

We don't use the -shortfileext anywhere and in options/system this param is set to zero

Has anyone an idea what could have triggered this behaviour ?

One possible clue - we have a removeable disc which is a FAT drive - if this had been 'seen' by SAS on the problem PC could this have initiated the problem ??

Regards & compliments of the season to all

In your libname statement you have the option to use the version that you want. Perhaps its this option that has a default of v7 and below.

You can write the libname statement as follows:
LIBNAME TEMP V8 "C:\TEMP";

Perhaps your target harddrive doesn't accept long file extensions. Google the question I saw some queries for this problem. It usually resolves to the target media not accepting long file extensions.
Klaz

barryp, in addition to what Klaz2002 has said, I also observed if your target directory has another SAS file with .sd2 extension then the default is set to .sd2. If this is the case, even if you don't give any options it automatically outputs as .sd2 file. Check if that is the case in that one PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back