Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortel sip pbx with analog paging useing a Snom PA1 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

James991985

Technical User
Feb 5, 2014
US
Working with a Shortel sip system. I need to connect an existing overhead paging unit (Valcom 2100A paging unit to the sip pbx. Originally we had a Avaya pattern pbx.
I have hooked up a Snom PA1 sip paging adapter and set up as ext 3624 and connected the loudspeakers to unit and when I push the button on the Snom it reads the IP over the loudspeakers. Now when I go to dial ext 3624 from another phone it will ring, but nothing over the loudspeakers. Now if I go into the web browser for the Snom and use dial number feature and dial another extension 4002 and when 4002 rings and I pick up I can hear over the loud speakers. I not sure if the issue is with the Shortel programming, Snom PA1 programming or if the Snom is compatible with Shortel system for this purpose.

I very limited knowledge of programming a sip pbx and any help would be appropriated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back