Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortel PBX running version 8.1 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pn1625

Technical User
Jan 3, 2013
US
Hello,

I have a customer using a Shortel PBX version 8.1. He has a PRI with us and when he is setting up any outbound calls, I see the calls coming in as "Unknown". This is both for the "Type of number" and the "Numbering Plan". I would like him to change this to: Type of Number: "National Number" and for the Numbering Plan: ISDN/Telephony E.164/E.163. Can anyone advise me where he might go to change this in the Shortel PBX. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I use a newer software version. Those type of settings are under Platform hardware/voice switches/primary, then under the switch with the T-1 in it. that is were you set the CO type, protocol, call services etc.

BombOne, thanks for the info. I will relay that to my customers vendor. Appreciate the help.

You may also need to do this:

1. Turn on Support Entry Mode before login into ShoreTel Director
2. In the Trunk group (PRI Normally) add the following string in the custom Field at the bottom of the Page ;2E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back