Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shortcuts their targets and retreiving stats (last mod/size)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalosBlack

Programmer
Jan 6, 2004
US
I am writting a program that retreivew file statistics of all the files in a given directory. I want to be able to retreive data about a file that is reffered to by a link in the directory i am searching. Ex. c:\Folder\Shortcut to destination.lnk whose target is c:\destination.txt. I found some code that would retreive the targets destination for me. After that was retreived i switched to that directory and pulled the file stats i needed. Then i switched back to my previous directory and continued on. However, I am now having a problem i beieve it is caused by two reasons.
1. Some of the targets look like this: C:\Ateasy\Ateasy.exe /CC:\ateasy\J8142\cfg\180s-01.cfg /LC:\ateasy\j8142\prg\180sC00.prg
I have never seen a target like this before and was wondering if anyone could tell me what it means.

2. I am searching network directories and some of the .lnk files refer to C:\whatever\whatever path names. Of course my program searches it's local c drive where as it needs to search the remote c drive. Any ideas on how to resolve that ?

Thanks

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back