Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcut to Public Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishBulb

MIS
Aug 30, 2001
GB
I am administering an exchange system with several sites in several different geographical locations. I have created a structure of public folders, which are homed locally. The users of the folders are based on other site.

I have configured Exchange so the users of the folders have full functionality except the users cannot create a shortcut on the Outlook bar. It is a large folder structure to navigate through. Have I missed a setting?

I've not had problems doing this with Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000, although I've never tried it with a multi-site environment. Users should be able to right click on a folder and choose the "Add to Outlook Bar" option - no special configuration is needed, although you may want to check permsissions on the public folders.

Chad Stiller, MCSE
Ramcom Technology
cds@ramcom.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back