Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcut keys not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyf1

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
GB
Can anyone help with this one please.

In LT2002 the shortcut keys CTRL+1 no longer works to pop-up the properties window.

Also, CRTL C now cancels, instead of copying to clipboard.

I have chosen Windows Standard Accelerator Keys in Config, but it doesn't have any effect.

Thanks.
Scott

The accelerator settings are kept in the aclt.mnu and aclt.mns file under your ACADLT\support\ folder. You can edit them with Notepad.

BU

Thanks BU, however, this is an extract of the MNU file:

// Keyboard Accelerators
***ACCELERATORS
ID_Copyclip [TOOLBAR+CONTROL+"C"]

This suggests to me that it is already set up. Or am I in the wrong section of the MNU?

Ta.
Scott

Maybe try and doublecheck the .mns file. It is the compiled version of the mnu file. Also (this may just be a typo) but our LT stations have:

ID_Copyclip [CONTROL+TOOLBAR+"C"]

instead of

ID_Copyclip [TOOLBAR+CONTROL+"C"]

BU

Cheers BU!

I updated the MNU to be CONTROL+TOOLBAR instead of TOOLBAR+CONTROL, then recompiled the menus. Bingo!

Don't know how the menu got the text swapped round but never mind, it all works now.

Thanks again.
Scott

How odd.

Updating the MNU restored the shortcuts, but then I started removing and adding toolbar buttons to just leave the ones I use, and it's happened again. No CTRL shortcuts.

I will keep trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back