Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcut for placing object

Status
Not open for further replies.

JameGumb

Technical User
May 27, 2003
NZ
After you have used Ctrl+D to place an object and then chosen the file and hit enter to 'load it' into your cursor ready to go onto the page, is there a keyboard shortcut for this actual next step of placing the file (instead of clicking with the mouse)? I've tried all the obvious things like enter, ctrl enter, shift enter etc and searched the Keyboard Shortcut lists but to no avail.

Anything to use the mouse less....thanks!

InDesign allows you to assign hot keys (check prefs) and you could also create a script.

- - picklefish - -

jimoblak

Yowza that was a quick reply! Thanks

I've checked through all the Preferences boxes and cannot find anything about Hotkeys. I'm using InDesign 2.0.2. Am I missing something? I assume its like creating an Action in Photoshop right?

I wouldn't know the first thing about creating scripts, maybe I'll have to do some research on that soon. Thanks

Edit>Keyboard Shorcuts...

I was off a bit. It is found right above 'Preferences' in the Edit menu.

I replied when I was away from ID but after looking at it, I don't see anything that would allow you to create a hotkey to do this particular action. You probably will require a script here.

You might also check out the Adobe Exchange area of adobe.com. There are many downloadable scripts there. For instance, one script will place all of the pages of a PDF in your ID document. If you are placing PDFs, this may be all you need.

- - picklefish - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back