Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcodes or call it Short codes explained 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Westi

Programmer
May 14, 2007
CA
Wrote a FAQ because I get plenty of questions about how they work and spend half my day explaining them to people.

faq940-7942

So if you have people asking you send them the link instead of talking until you are sore :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Looks good Westi.

Suggest Whether has two aitches in it.
Suggest changing word 'eliminate' to 'greyed out' or 'removed'

Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

The German whether is different, LOL

The eliminated is the best I could come up with because it is actually not greyed out (or grayed out :)) ignored would be a good one I guess becasue you can still program these fields but it makes no difference.

Thanks holdmusic, at least I know that someone read it.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I would use 'ignored' but I am not English nor German root.
Maybe a link to the Avaya doc about shortcodes?
Or the below picture I use for training system admins?
short_codes_r2bzgh.gif

Not perfect but it gives a good idea of how stuff works in IP Office.

Take a star gorgeous. You too Intrigrant.

Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

I would add that both the Code and Telephone Number are alphanumeric. It's very useful whenever you want manipulate codes in a way that any user (either internal or outcomers) can't dial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back