Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcode to Directory Entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

arausch

MIS
Mar 19, 2002
US
Has anyone figured out how to refer to a directory entry from a shortcode, or how to have a directory entry dial a shortcode?

I'd like to setup short codes for speed dials (**1139=95551212) AND have an entry in the directory that says John's Cell Phone and have it dial **1139. Unfortunately this doesn't work.

Another option would be to create a directory entry to John's Cell Phone and set it to 95551212, and then setup a shortcode for **1139 that points to that directory entry. I 'think' this would work, but I don't know what to put in the shortcode field. I've tried "Johns Cell Phone" (the apostrophe doesn't seem to work in the directory name) but it actually tries to dial the alpha characters and gives a 'call couldn't be completed' message.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew

unfortunatly what you need to do is create the directory entry with the correct destination number
ie Name: John Smith Number 95551212
& then create a short code that will also dial this number

SC: #100 TN: 5551212 Feature: Dial (assuming that the leading 9 was a line access code)

Providing your incoming cli prefixes are corectly configured this will correctly alpha tage on both incomimng & outgoing calls

Bummer, I was hoping to avoid having duplicate entries. If John Smith changes numbers it will have to be updated in two places. Oh well, if that's the only way then that's what I'll do.

Thanks,
Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back