Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ShortCode Help and Follow Up Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason78

Programmer
Jan 18, 2014
US
Hello,

I have recently installed an IP Office for a friend. Thanks in large part to help from some here, I have it pretty much up and running, just trying to figure out a couple odds and ends. Couple questions I have are posted below. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shortcode for 911 dialing- I have a shortcode that is 9N so this sends out anything after "9" to the PRI Line Group. Works great. My question is what shortcode would I use to route or translate dialed number 911 as 9.911? This way either could be dialed to get to 911 center. My main concern is to make sure the switch routes immediately without affecting the interdigit dialing timeout on other calls. Normally I would translate 911 to 9.911 but not sure how to do that here? Any examples or pointers?

The carrier has me sending 10 digits for everything local and LD (no +1) so I am thinking the 9N should probably change to something that requires a 10 digit match to route out. I suppose I should also add one for international calls. This is a single office so all phones are allowed LD calls. Any suggestions for this? In my opinion the shortcode "code" description on the help page does not give a real clear explanation on what they do or examples as to what context the codes would be entered with numbers.

Inbound Caller ID Name delivery- The carrier is sending me inbound Caller ID name in Q931 down the PRI. It is not showing on the phones for inbound calls, only the number. Is there any way to change this? Right now, the 10 digit number appears in the extension button window on the display.

Thanks!

your system short code you stated u use is 9N that dials out over your Main ARS pattern.

In the ARS Short code you would have 2 patterns Code Tel # Feature
11 // 911 // dial emergency ( this allows digits 911)
911 // 911 // dial emergency ( this allows digits 9911)

Incoming caller ID Name is only accepted on NI2 on the IPO. There is no special setting in the IPO.

ACSS SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back