Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcode forward to AA with IPO 406

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcook

IS-IT--Management
Apr 7, 2011
US
IPO 406 R4.0. I created a shortcode *400/auto attendant/AA:AA1/0. It does not work. I get a message "incompatible" on the screen. It works in IPO 500. How can I do the same thing in IPO 406?

Do you have the CF-11 embedded voicemail card in the IPO406?

I do not know. I am unfamiliar with the 406. Where can I find this information?

Lets assume you namedthe AA "AA" which is a bad idea named diffrent like "MainAA." Then the shortcode must be *44/Auto Attendant/"AA:MainAA"

Your exmple shortcode does not xork at all, not on the IP406 neither on a IP500

I've got a lot of experience on the 500not the 406. So I am taking on this system. The previous tech created an AA named AA1. He never figured out how to make it answer. I have tried the SC with "AA:AA1" and also without quotation marks. Neither work. I have not had t0o use the quotation marks on the 500. In your example you use *44. Is that special?

You need a CF card in the front of the IP406 for embedded to work.

Guess System Monitor should say something useful regarding this.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

OK, I see it is the embedded messaging flash card they need. I will have a look on Monday. What I can say for now is that they do have voicemail and there is a greeting recorded for the AA but the AA does not pick up.

I work on IP Office since the introduction of it, actually our team have had a lot of features being build like hot desking and the reserve last line appearance option and I am sure you need the quotes with embedded VM.

When I created the SC the software put the quotes around it automatically. I only removed them as a test. What I want them to do is to get a new 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back