Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcode error? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipohead

IS-IT--Management
Oct 21, 2010
GB
I'd set up an internal SIP as line 25 line group 72 shortcode 72N;/dial/72N/LG72 which was working wellon R11.0.4.7.0. build 6.

A setting was changed somewhere else and it no longer works from any phone and SSA doesn't show a destination for the call. Incoming calls are OK so no problem with the network.

Phone_call_yq6rrp.png

I also tried it on Workplace on the same extension and it works with SSA showing a destination.

Any ideas on why this is happening? This a general shortcode and not specific to a user?

Run a Sysmon capture with the default traces and you should see what the phone is trying to dial and why the system doesn't know what it should be doing.

If you're stuck then post it here and we'll take a look

Thanks IPOLackey. I did run sysmon but wasn't sure which keywords to look for.

Good spot @derfloh. Yes, the Workplace app is sending the whole number to the IP Office in one go (enbloc) whereas phones may be doing it digit by digit as the user presses keys.

Quick test, if one of the phones has the complete external number setup in the user's personal directory, select it and see if that works. Will confirm its probably a dial count/dial delay issue.

Also on Avaya feature phones, use of en-bloc can be switched on or off. Check that its on (Features | Call Settings | Enbloc Dial in the phone's menus).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I think you've found the problem!

72252 works if I dial from the user directory or if I dial 72252#. Changing to enbloc dialling on a 9641 doesn't work though.

Shouldn't the ";" in my shortcode enable enbloc dialling as this worked before?

As I am in the UK System | Telephony is set to the defaults

Dial Delay Time (secs) 1
Dial Delay Count 4

The ; means wait for the whole number, but it doesn't mean wait forever. They are various mechanisms by which it finally dials. Without your full config, my guess would be to try changing your short code from 72N; to 72XXX; so it will only match on the exact number of digits required for a full number.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I've read through all the docs a few times and run some tests but still not clear on the best setup - there seems to be a conflict between my settings.

As I am in the UK System | Telephony is set to the defaults

Dial Delay Time (secs) 1
Dial Delay Count 4

The main lines are on PSTN/ATM but will move to SIP once the contract expires. Numbers work as dialled.
shortcode is ?/Dial/./50:Main > ARS ?/./Dial/0

The SIP lines are in this format and I need to add # at the end to make them work but I want to avoid this.

shortcode 73N;/Dial/N/51:SIP1 > ARS N;/N/Dial/17

If it's fine digits then set your dial delay count to five.

So IPO will check for matching users, groups and short codes after five dialled digits or if you wait one second between each dialled digit.

With the default settings (1/4) it will search for a match after four dialled digits. As you need five digits you will not get a match.

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

Thanks derfloh. An external SIP call could be shortcode 2 digits + phone number 11 digits so should I set the delay to 13?

(Sizbut for the internal SIP 72XXX did not seem to work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back