Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shortcode dials Internal Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

edvy123

Technical User
May 13, 2015
AE
Hi,
Have Server edition Rls 11.1 with control Unit as gateway for PRI.
have a short code 9N/dial/N/9901 works fine for all outgoing and incoming calls.
Have internal extensions having series 1XX,2XX 3XX, 6XX hunt groups also.
If I dial out 9 and 3XX and wait for sometime, it dials the internal extensions, wherein it should block or give reorder tone.
if i dial 9 then 3XXXXXX i mean the whole number then it works fine..
if i just Dial 3XX it works fine too....
have registered all J series phone on server
problem happens as user dials the 9 and external number and if he waits after dialing 3 digits , it dial the relevant internal number...

Can you explain your shortcode "9N/dial/N/9901" - what is the 9901 for? Are you using the ARS table too?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Also, what do you have the 'System Dial Delay time (Sec)' set for?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Hi,
I have 9901 to reach the gateway..
dial delay set for 4 tried increasing also.
in gateway its ?/dial/./11( outgoing trunk)

What about using 9N;/dial/N/9901?

; =Receive Sending Complete When used this must be the last character in the short code string.

If the Dial Delay Count is 0, a ; instructs the system to wait for the number to be fully dialed, using the Dial Delay Time or the user dialing #, to indicate completion and then acting on the short code.

If the Dial Delay Count is not zero, the dialing is only evaluated when # is pressed. The majority of North-American telephony services use en-bloc dialing. Therefore the use of a ; is recommended at the end of all dialing short codes that use an N before routing those calls to a trunk or ARS. This is also recommended for all dialing where secondary dial tone short codes are being used.

I might be way off - It's New Years day and my head hurts!

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Hi,
Thanks Tim,
but shouldn't it be odd, to dial the extension number even after dialing 9 as prefix?
as after dialing 9 and external number it shouldnt again look for internal number..

Absolutely. Are you able to post monitor traces replicating the situation?

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

hi,
@derfloh - do i need to do any change in the gateway to dial outside?

you are right it seems it checks for user or huntgroup and dials back the users in the main node...

thanks a ton guys..
will try this ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back