Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Short voice mail messages not being recorded 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

joecolombo

Vendor
Jan 19, 2005
US
If a incoming caller leaves a message that is less than three seconds, it is not recorded. I asked Avaya and they said that this is normal. Does any have a reg. hack... that would correct this problem?

Yes - look in registry - something like minimum message length. Default is 3000 (3 seconds). Change to whatever you'd like. Be prepared to deal with more hang-up messages...
Mike

Thanks for the info. Three second just seems a little long. I like to have options for the customer.
Thanks for your help.

joecolombo Did this work for you?????

Have a site with this very issue!!

mforrence do you have the exact reg key as I have a case of this with avaya at the moment.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\network Alchemy\Directories\MinimumMessageLength\(3000) (change to 2000)

That will change it from 3 seconds to 2 seconds. You could change to to anything.

This worked for me.

Remember to reboot the pc before you try it.

If it hasnt got that key can I add it.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACA - IP Telephony
ACS - IP Office Implement (Aug 30th)

In my opinion, I don't think it would do any harm, but I believe that it should be there. I believe the only difference between leaving it at 3000 (3 seconds) or less, is the amount of hangups that will be recorded in the mailbox.
It appears to be an innocuous setting, but I wouldn't make it 0000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back