Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Short ring on line one despite '0' rings for AA

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmmillermd

Technical User
Feb 14, 2005
US
CICS6.1 and Call Pilot 100. Set AA to '0' rings for all CO lines, but there is a short ring on line one before AA picks up. All other lines are intercepted immediately before ring by AA. Any thoughts??

Turn ringing off on the set that chirps. Otherwise I think you're stuck unless you completely change what you are doing with call handling. More detail required.

PhM

VVV

It is a good thing.
Lets you know Call Pilot is working.

MarvO said it

Marv0,

What are you doing up so late??

PhM

VVV

Arr,
I was going to ask you the same thing. What are you doing up this late?
Maybe you are just starting early?

Actually, this time of morning, there is no fighting going on between the "Call a Vender" people and the "Non-Call a Vendor" people.
Ah, peaceful this time of day Arr.

MarvO said it

Marv0,

Stars to all eh?

It's still just before midnight Westcoast time... so not as bad for me.

Take care.

PhM

VVV

Arr yep, stars to all. It is 2:05 am, but Tek-Tips is an hour ahead of that. I sure like it now that times are posted on the threads. Lights Out.

MarvO said it

Thanks guys..the thread sounds more like a coffee klatch than a tech line! The chirp is a problem because it is on all the phones and it is a home system so it annoys those asleep late at night. There is no special setup such as a Hunt Group..just AA pickup at '0' rings on all lines and only line 1 has this isse.

gmmillermd, sorry about the coffee klatch thing. That doesn't usually happen here. We were just catchin' up in the wee hours.
When I get a chance, I will try to duplicate your problem.
Someone here probably has the answer already. I'm running CICS 6.0 and Call Pilot 100 in my home, so don't know if I will get an exact to your problem.

MarvO said it

No apology needed.. it shows that eggheads are human. Hope you can figure it out, it is annoying.

GMM

gmmillermd,

Was serious when I said turn off ringing on the sets that chirp. I know the problem you face. I don't think there's a reasonable solution. Perhaps an older line card.. do you have a CLID card installed at this time?

PhM

VVV

Hmmm... Yes there is a CLID card. It appears that all the phones chirp, but now I'll have to recheck and be sure. Turning off ringing would not be practical with all the phones involved, but it may therefore not be solvable. The system and software are new.

gmmillermd,

I'm just guessing on the line card issue. Mine is a CLID card CICS W/CP100 ... was wondering if an older LS/DS card would solve the chirp .. I'll test and repost.. But I use DND on phones where I don't want ringing all the time. I can hear other sets ringing from the DNDed set and pick up calls normally. Just don't use CFWD Busy to Mail. The chirp is a REALLY common occurrance but in an office setup it is not really a problem. One customer I just set up actually likes the chirp as it provides her an early warning of an incomming call.

PhM

VVV

There is another problem that may be a hint. Despite the latest 6.1 software in the CICS (30OctG10 NAT, the T7316E phones will not allow reprogramming of BB21 and B22 with B22 labeled Voice Call but remains Last No.

The DND may be the best answer, but a line card change may be required.

Another possibility would be: in SERVICES, set up an automatic ringing service by time of day so that at bed time, no ringie.

On the button problem, do you have any type of set lock applied?
Will it let you ERASE the button, instead of reprogramming it? Are all of the phones doing that with the button problem?

MarvO said it

The button programming just allows "Find", nothing else for those buttons. It is perplexing because I chose the 'E' models because The unit has the latest software. I saw no setting for a set lock

The ringing fix is very clever. But, won't that stop even the DN that the caller is looking for from not ringing (doctor's home)?

I have used DND to stop the chirp on the only ringing set.

Rob

quote:"won't that stop even the DN that the caller is looking for from not ringing (doctor's home)"

If all your lines are programmed to be picked up immediateley by voice mail, then you don’t need it programmed to ring anywhere on the sets. If the lines are programmed to ring at sets- that is the chirp you are hearing. Once someone enters the DN they want from the AA, the transfer will happen and it will ring the appropriate DN.

However-If you are using CLID, that wont show up for 1-2 rings.

If you had the VM set to pick up at 2 rings- but not at any phones, you may still get a ring, unless you program Prime set of the lines to none or the VM

Have you considered using ring groups, especially for at night?

None of my phones have any line appearence in my home, and they ring according to what service ring group is active (night starts at 10:30pm).

Normally, the CP will not answer until the line has rung 4 times, however, when the night mode kicks in, the only ext set to ring is the CP extension (2998 on my system), and it picks up right away.

For day mode, I do not have the CP in the ring group. (All the lines are appear and ring at the CP).

Maybe this will help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back