Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shoreware director 10.2 1720 script error during install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakt99

Technical User
Dec 19, 2009
AU
Hi All,

Am newly trained on shoretel and putting together my 1st system.

I have built from scratch a 32 bit win 2008 standard sp2 server to support 10.2 and hopefully followed install guide to install roles (application server and associated services and IIS and associated service EG www, ftp etc and ftp through features). I have activated both ftp and smtp in services (also set to automatic) and disabled the on board firewall and verified that the intpub is open (at least to read only).

I have downloaded sw from shortel partner site and when I install (Run setup.exe "as administrator"), and about 90 persent through the install process it stops, indicating a error 1720, a problem encountered with installer package, associated with set ftp......When acknowledging the error the installation removes installed files et. The windows event viewer echos above error message.

I spoke to TAC and they said most of the time the problem is with the MS msi installer package and updating this will fix the problem in most case.... I downloaded the latest revision and when applied says Its not required for this revision.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?? Have a fix or other areas to review or check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back