Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shoretel VOIP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonelady

Vendor
Feb 27, 2004
US
I have a friend that works for a company that just had a new Shoretel VOIP system installed and they are having a few issues. The biggest one is the way the calls are answered by the operator phones. There are 2 IP480G sets with Soft Console/ Shoretel Communicator for Windows. I am an AVAYA tech and don't know what options are available. What is happening is this- When a call comes in and the main operator answers it, the secondary operator can not answer the next call that comes in unless the main operator is idle. The secondary operator has a button labeled Pickup 2000 to pickup x200 but it doesn't work unless x2000 is idle. On an AVAYA IP Office I would put both operators in a group set for collective ring call waiting so calls ring the same on both phones and either operator can answer regardless or who is idle or active. Not being familiar with Shoretel I don't know if this is possible on the Shoretel. Any thoughts??? Thanks in advance.

You could put them both in a hunt group, you can have them both ring simultaneous, or in an order if you always want one to be be first.

setup both the 480G's as member of same WorkGroup and let customer decide how they want the calls to come in (perhaps via Longest Idle, or Simultaneous or Top Down) depending on whether or not they want one individual to get the all the calls first if available (Top Down), or if they want to split them up somehow (round robin or longest idle) or even if they want both sets to ring in all the time (simultaneous). From there if both agents are off hook, then the ShoreTel system can hold calls in a queue until someone is available, transfer caller to another workgroup or extension/external number, or just to a shared mailbox for the workgroup...

Hope that helps and isn't too late to help...

Thank you both. I suggested to the customer to mention a hunt group setup and the tech who told them nothing can be done was able to make it work. They are much happier and less frustrated now.

Doesn't sound like a very knowledgeable tech to me...

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back