Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shopping Cart Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIS
Sep 7, 2002
US
Hi,
I was setting up Supply Ordering database. Basically it's somewhat like Northwind as far as the categories and then the list of products...My question is this.. Is it possible to have a shopping cart feature, after you add everthing to your cart at the bottom of the form it will say something like create order, and everything you added to your cart will carry to another form where you just fill in how many, order #, and date. Is it possible and if so can somebody get me started in the right direction.

Thankyou

Just create a temporary orders table to add the cart items into an use that table as the recordsource for the follow-up form.

Once the user clicks the 'Submit Order' button you can append all the temp records to the actual orders table, or if they cancel you can just delete the temp records.

VBSlammer
redinvader3walking.gif

VBSlammer,

I tried doing what you said last night before I posted this thread I ran into 2 problems. (1)I have it set up where it looks like a catalog you can switch the different categories and there are different products listed. You click on the shopping cart and it adds it to the append query where my criteria for add to shopping cart is "yes". and it appends all the yes values to the temp table. I tried to go through and delete the field in the temp table add to shopping cart to show that those products are no longer on order, but it deletes the entire record, therefore removing it from my Catalog..I would have to retype it ever time. (2) I want these add to cart records to go to another another form as a subform, and on the mainform I want to be able to assign a Order number and date. But it wouldn't let me do that. Every time I changed the mainform the subforms items remained the same. I want to add the cart Items to a form as a subform, assign order number, then have the added to cart control reset so it shows that they are no longer on order. So that the next month when I do a order form that item doesn't show up. Instead of manually going back and unclicking the add to cart button.. I hope I didn't confuse you more, but that is the jest of it. And no, I'm not making a web site, just an easier application for the office to order and track the mysteriously disappearing supplies. :)

how does it actually work, the submission of items into the temporary table.

I am the administrator of a manufacturing database.
Every now and then parts need to get manufactued.
I have an engine that based on the qty in stock tells me what needs to be machined next. Out of 20 parts that need machinning I usually pick 4 to 5 parts that i put on a joborder. My question, is how can I by clicking on the part numberr field have this part added to my temporary joborder table ("cart"). Can someone please help me with VB code

Thanx

??? REGARDS, KUZZ

LIFE IS GREAT WHEN THERE IS SOMEONE TO HELP YOU.
DESIGNING DATABASES SINCE 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back