Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shopping cart automatic product numbering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lvanhoff

IS-IT--Management
Jun 21, 2003
US
Hello,
I have a problem that seems huge to me, being a non programmer, but maybe someone in your group has a thought about it? I would sure appreciate it!

I am developing a website using Dreamweaver 4 for my photography company and have Adobe Online Photo Album to generate web galleries for my clients to view their photos from their event. I am using Americart (but not stuck on that) for the shopping cart. The Photo Album does a fine job of generating the albums, but I need to automate the shopping cart add in peice. I did it manually for 80 photos and it took forever. In other words, I have an easy table containing the 4 sizes of photos they can purchase of the photo above, each of the sizes an "add to cart" button within the table, within a form tag. The tedious part is that I then have to go in an change each photo number within the form tag for each photo, for each of the four sizes.

There must be a way to have the shopping cart table, just a small bit of code, to take the first photo number and automatically increase each number by one within each form tag, for each size. In other words, I want that table which actually has four form tags within it, one for each size, to automatically increase the photo number by one and drop itself into the designated spot on my already generated html pages which have been generated by Online Photo Album.

Doesn't it seem that there would be a relatively straightforward way to do this? Given that I will have many rolls per week of film to get onto my site, I just can't see spending several hours each roll to change all those photo numbers in each table...

Any help would be so VERY VERY much appreciated!! THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY THOUGHTS! Even just some direction about what universe of code this solution would live in would be helpful!

The sample photo album I have created which I hand coded the shopping cart is at Laura van Hoff
Lvanhoff@sbcglobal.net

u will need to do some scripting, either javascript, asp, php or others. write a for loop and increase image source photo number by 1. I don't know how you are passing the form parameters but you should need only one form tag for the whole page, pass the photo number and photo size to your cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back