Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shopping cart and eStore solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TripapHoniCs

Programmer
Sep 5, 2000
US
Hello all-

I usually frequent the FLASH and ColdFusion areas, however, today I got my hands on a copy of Drumbeat 2000 eCommerce. I am attempting a shopping cart and store online after an exhausting search for a shopping cart program that would make my life a little easier. Sad to say, there were none that I could have total design and field control, without costing over 3000$. I figured it would be worth that much for me to learn a program that I could reuse for anything I needed in the future. Blah blah blah....to my point.

I am interested to find out people's opinions on which software would be the most useful for what I am trying to accomplish in the long run. PLEASE - any suggestions would be genuinely appreciated. If you do suggest something, please leave a URL to the information suggested. Thanks.

Here is what I want:

-A program that allows TOTAL customization of the design aspect as well as any fields I would want to alter i.e., name, address, etc.

-The ability to integrate a shopping cart with manual CC processing for now by the option for an automatic CC processing merchant account in the future.

-Total customization of all templates. Tax, shipping, inventory, product pages, catagories, etc...

I want to be able to create an entire eCommerce solution for an online shopping experience that will not be limited at all. Any suggestions on what program/s I should learn or use would be helpful and appreciated.

Thank you everyone for reading and considering a reply.

TripapHoniC

PHP supports shopping cart stuff. Maybe thats what you're looking for. It requires some programming, but with db-support for Mysql or Postgresql you should be able to build what you want.

Tell me if it worked and how you solved the problem, if you please.
Greetz MiQ
MiQ
mick@vandermostvanspijk.nl
currently installed: html, JavaScript, dhtml, css, php, mysql, postgresql, xml, linux, apache
about to install: java, c++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back