Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

shopping cart advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz88

Technical User
Feb 2, 2005
US
I need to install a shopping cart for a small company that sells 15 t-shirts. Other requirements - easy to install, easy to skin. Is Zen cart the best ?
I really would appreciate some advice as I have little experience with this. Thanks.

You could ask the client to identify a few direct competitors in the same market space as they are... and then look at what they use on their web site. It'd give you a starting point for comparison (with the likes of Zen Cart at least).

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Page [/tt][tt]@[/tt][tt] Code Couch
[/tt]

What is Javascript? faq216-6094

It depends on what you want to do, how close the "out of the box" solution is to that and how competent you are at coding in order to modify it.

Zen Cart is OK, but can be a bit of a pig. THat said, it's fairly easy to install and set up. Not sure about how easy it is to update/upgrade though... requires examining files to determine their differences and changing some bits and not others!
That said, in my opinion it's better than OsCommerce.

Word to the wise.
Look at how you are going to accept payment and ensure there is a payment module in existence and that it works before you start.
Otherwise you'll end up spending late nights slaving over a hot API just like I had to!

Foamcow Heavy Industries - Web design and ranting
Buy Languedoc wines in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back