Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shockwave Player Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoman

Technical User
Nov 22, 2006
GB
I updated to shockwave player today to version 10.1.4.020 and now my dcr movie files will no longer play any quicktime elements

The quicktime elements are actually avi files but i selected to import into the cast as quicktime when given the option.

didn't work at first but when i added QTAsset to movie extras (Moddify : Movie : Extras : Add) it worked fine. But now doesn't work after the upgrade.

Tried upgrading Director and re-publishing but still no luck.

Any ideas anyone (I'm a novice at this so any help really appreciated).

Thanks in anticipation.

I'm gonna sound really stupid but by barebones you mean just the avi (qt) file and nothing else?

If so, I have tried that. Can you confirm the publish settings you used and the Movie Xtras.

Thanks

I have one AVI imported as QT on Stage and one Lingo (frame loop), that's all. Xtras are standard set (including QT6Asset.x32), nothing is added specifically. Director is 10.1.1 on Windows XP.

Kenneth Kawamoto

Thanks for your continued help.

I tried the barebones scenario exactly as you describe. When published under the default setting (windows projector, exe file) the published movie plays fine. However, when publishing as a shockwave (dcr) file - embedded in an html file - it doesn't play.

I need the dcr file to embed in a powerpoint presentation.

This problem only persists with the Quicktime elements. Movies without QT work fine as dcr files.

Any further ideas? (also, did you publish as dcr or exe?)

Thanks

It's a DCR embedded in a HTML generated from Director with default settings.

If you're testing this in the local environment, your AVI needs to be in the special directory "dswmedia". This is for a local security reason: < Just in case you overlooked this...

Kenneth Kawamoto

dswmedia!!!!!!!! The answer to all my problems.

I'd seen this discussed in other threads but following the advice posted did not solve the problem...the link you posted was much clearer and I think I've got a handle on it now (yep, my videos play now).

I'm sure there are technical (security) reasons why the dswmedia is necessary but I'm sure I don't need to understand them all (yet). It's just a real pain that one day my movies play and the next they don't with no apparent reason. At least all seems to be resolved now.

Many many thanks for taking the time out to help out this (very grateful) novice.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back