Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SHIPMENT ENTRY CAUSING ISSUES WITH OPEN ORDER REPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ManyHats

IS-IT--Management
Mar 14, 2018
CA

Have been trying to print open order reports. I know a few orders I have on my desk are open orders but they do not show up on the report and i'm assuming
because we have been doing shipment entries on items. Some of the items have shipped but would this be a reason as to why the order would not show up in outstanding order report?

How can I see those orders that are missing on the order report due to items being shipped?

Is there a shipment report that can show me the outstanding orders that have partial shipments on them?

any advice would help.
[glasses]

I've tried that.

The only options it has for item status is:

complete with no shipments

incomplete orders
some items available for shipment
all items available for shipment
and
items out of stock

The issue with this is when i print a report it will only give me items for those statuses but I want a report with all of the items regardless if some have been
shipped or not.

so this is my problem currently that i am trying to solve.

I have tried every single item status and still these order numbers do not appear in any of the reports.

I have tried:

completed with no shipments
incomplete orders
some items available for shipment
all items available for shipment
items out of stock

yet the order numbers still do not appear.

Could this be due to multiple shipment entries?

I think I figured out the issue.

The shipments themselves are posted in the system but they are incomplete.

Would this cause them to not appear on any open order report?

UPDATE:

as much as I did figure out that the shipments themselves that are set as incomplete rather than complete are causing the issue but the problem is that those orders will not show up on those reports.

the item status is the issue. It only gives me those certain options. We have made a macro for the open orders. But it still won't show up.

any advise?

( Jay I know you know how to fix this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back