Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shift Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdmadden

MIS
Jul 30, 2001
US
Okay here is a new one. Our Department works 24 hour shifts (Fire Department) with an odd rotation on 24 hours, off 24 hours, on 24 hours, off 24 hours, on 24 hours, off 4 days. Department head would like to see a shift calendar created in Crystal and able to be posted to the web. Any suggestions for how to make this happen? Thanks!
I am a new user, so please be as basic as possible. Thanks!

What would it look like?
What data do you have to work with? Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

The calendar needs to be color coded so that for example January 1, 2002 would be B shift (Blue) then 4 days off, then on January 6, off Jan 7, on Jan 8, off Jan 9, on Jan 10 and then off for 4 days again. C shift (Green) would work on Jan 2, Jan 4 and off for 4 days. A shift (red) would work Jan 3, 5, 7 and off 4 days. Does this make sense?
The goal is to keep a vacation tally. With over 200 firefighters assigned to shift it makes it tough to keep track of who is on vacation which days especially when you include us lowly 8-5 ers... Any suggestions?

I would have to create a table I guess to report on, to be honest I am not sure where to begin. The higher ups just want a shift calendar that will track vacations for the year. (Vacation choices are made during January) and want it to be posted on our intranet.

Thanks for all of your help Ken. I did use, very successfully I might add, your formula on your website for converting time. Since we use Military time it is tough sometimes to calculate.

I am also working on a Response time study which is kicking my tail right now. I am having to combine two different databases basically, they are by two different companies and very different, but I need to show the units (individually) and all of their associated times for all calls they ride. I also need to do some calculations on time down to the 100th of a second. Uggghhh.

I think your calendar project is beyond what I can help you with here in TT, and needs professional assistance. Some of us in TT can also be rented, those that say so in their signatures. However, those discussions should take place off-line. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back