Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Shell Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino2

Technical User
Jun 8, 2008
GB
I am trying to use a program within Access if it's possible. It should be run from a command prompt (cmd) so I don't know if it's possible to do a shell alternative within an Access DB

The instructions I found to run are:

1. You need to have FFmpeg installed in order to create the thumbnails. The easiest thing to do is to unzip and paste the attached ffmpeg.exe into your \windows\system32 directory

2. Open a command-prompt window & navigate to the folder where your videos are located.3. Then type the following (everything in blue) Make sure you get it right!:

for %i in (*.mpg) do ffmpeg -i "%i" -f mjpeg -t 0.001 -ss 3 -y "%~ni.tbn"

4. Click "enter".

I am trying to make it work on files within c:\videos

Can anyone throw any light as to wether it can be done. Thanks

look at their documentation it supplies examples of cmd line switches to run the program . in access you can use

Call Shell("c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /k addyourcmdlinehere", vbHide) to execute the program (there are several options other than vbHide)

you should also search for Shell and cmd.exe options there are lots of examples on the net. include vba in your search

HTH << MaZeWorX >> "I have not failed I have only found ten thousand ways that don't work" <<Edison>>

Thanks very much, the link was very useful, amazing what's inside the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back